Fire services called to Glasgow west end student flats on Halloween following blaze

One of the Partick apartments appeared to have a completely blackened window from smoke

The Scottish Fire and Rescue Services were rushed to student flats in the Partick area of Glasgow after the smoke alarm was activated.

The services arrived at the block on the corner of Keith Street and Dumbarton Road on October 31st after a small blaze broke out, which also alerted nearby residents, Glasgow Live reports.

A TikTok video from the scene showed thick, black smoke hurling out of the block.

One of the apartments, situated on the first floor, appears to have a completely blackened window.

@nickytay1718

Partick Fire studen flats 🔥🔥🔥#fire #glasgow #flatsfire #fyp

♬ original sound – NICKY T

Two fire engines arrived on the scene after receiving reports of the incident and managed to get the smoke under control. No injuries were reported following the incident.

A Scottish Fire and Rescue Service spokesperson said: ”We were alerted at 5.14pm on Tuesday, 31st October to a fire alarm activation. Operations Control mobilised two fire appliances to the scene, where firefighters extinguished a small fire within a flat on Keith Street, Glasgow. There were no casualties and crews left at 6.19pm.”

Featured image via @nickytay1718 on TikTok.