Meet the fresher studying at uni for the third time

Third degree burns

At first glance it seemed that Keegan Sweitzer was just a normal fresher, enjoying meeting his flatmates for the first time, getting used to lectures in Exeter and loving the independent lifestyle, however, he has already graduated twice

So where have you studied before? 

I first studied at Brock University in St. Catharines where I earned my BBA (Bachelor of Business Administration) over four years, graduating in 2012.

In September 2012 I started studying for my MBA (Master of Business Administration) at Niagara University in Niagara Falls, New York in the US.

I finished that degree in 2014 and took a year off to work, my first year ever off school entirely, before I found out about the University of Exeter’s Grad LLB program and here I am.

Keegan with his fellow grad LLB students

What made you decide to do 3 degrees? 

I’m lucky to have supportive parents and I just knew that I had to differentiate myself in such a competitive world. Honestly though how could I pass up this life experience, right?

Graduating second time round in 2014

What do you like about Exeter? 

There’s so many great things to Exeter, loads of people complain about the hills but I really love that just about everything you need is within walking distance; shopping, nightlife or even St. James Park.

I haven’t had to wear a winter coat either, maybe that’s the Canadian in me.

Have you gotten used to Exeter slang yet, such as TP or someone being a pigeon? 

Yeah I know TP, Moz and I like to call it Unit One just to wind people up.
What is a pigeon though?

Enjoying some cheeky VKs

What has been your favourite? 

Even though I’ve only been here a month I can safely say Exeter is my favourite. I’m really enjoying my time here.

Are you planning on doing another degree after this one? 

I’ll need to do a year of school in Canada in order to get certified there for this degree after two years in Exeter, most likely in Toronto. Aside from that I’m not planning on it, but as Canadian legend JB said “never say never”.