Pitcher & Piano Slams Shut

Lacrosse social venue closes its doors for the last time today.

Pitcher & Piano have announced they’re closing tomorrow, so if you’re in Exeter, today’s your last chance to grab a drink there.

A spokesperson from the popular bar on Queen Street said: “We’ve been trying to sell the place for a while now as the rent is pretty expensive, and we recently had an offer, so our last day of trading is today.”

The bar refused to say who had bought the property.

Unfortunately, the next nearest Pitcher & Piano is in Taunton, which means Lacrosse will have to find an alternative venue for socials.

Jamie Dean, outgoing mixed lacrosse captain, said: “It’s very sad that Pitcher & Piano has gone. It has been the foundation of lacrosse socials for many years and its top floor has witnessed some unforgettable nights.

“£2 pints and a certain degree of creative license from social secs have helped mould Wednesdays into the best nights in the Uni calendar.”

Fourth year student Ken Rose was equally miffed. “That’s my #2 venue of choice for drinks dates out the window. First Coolings rebrands and now this. All I know is I’ve taken two girls out for dates (who shall remain anonymous for legal reasons) at Coolings and Pitcher…I am to bars what Aaron Ramsey is to celebrities.”