Rugby Varsity: Tickets On Sale Now

Tickets for this year’s clash at Sandy Park available.

Tickets to Exeter University’s annual clash with Bath in the ‘Best of the Southwest’ Rugby Varsity are now on sale.

The fixture takes place at Sandy Park, the Chiefs stadium, and is hotly contested every year, with Exeter claiming bragging rights for the last three years, winning the fixture 23-13, 20-17 and 16-14.

Exeter have had a fantastic season so far, going into the Christmas break 4 points clear at the top of Southern Premier A and have already beaten Bath 1st XV this season, winning by a point with the last kick of the game at the end of last term.

Current league title holders Bath have not been in the form they were last season and are 10 points off the pace, although their recent 86-0 spanking of Glamorgan 1st XV suggests that they are not to be dismissed.

Tickets can be bought from all members of the rugby union club, and will be available on campus from next week onwards.

Will May, vice club captain, said: ‘The venue, the atmosphere, the standard, it’s all top notch. Bring your flutes, ladies and gentlemen, because it’s going to be champagne rugby all night’.

Tickets are just £5 and part of the proceeds from the event will be donated to CRY (Cardiac Risk in the Young).