Image may contain: Urban, Spoke, Car Wheel, Tire, Machine, Wheel, Human, Person, Automobile, Car, Vehicle, Transportation

Rachel McAdams and Will Ferrell have been spotted filming in Edinburgh

They were only 15 minutes from George Square

Rachel McAdams and Will Ferrell have been spotted filming in Edinburgh.

The video of them can bee seen on The Edinburgh Tab Instagram story.

Yes, you read that right THE Rachel McAdams aka Mean Girls queen Regina George, and THE Will Ferrell, aka the legendary Ron Burgundy from Anchorman.

They are currently filming a comedy spoof of Eurovision where they will be playing Icelandic singers, who perform at the iconic music concert set in 1972. Will Ferrell will be playing a character called Lars Ricking and Rachel McAdams will be playing one called Sigrit Ericksdotti.

Image may contain: Human, Person, Car, Vehicle, Automobile, Transportation

They were pictured being driven through the centre of Edinburgh from the Grassmarket, up Victoria Street, and to George IV bridge (yeah, the George IV bridge that's five minutes from Edinburgh university campus.)

An onlooker said they were filming in this area for about 90 minutes. They could both be seen smiling as they hung out of a sun roof.

They were also seen filming on Calton Hill earlier this week.

Image may contain: Police Car, Sedan, Transportation, Automobile, Vehicle, Car, Person, Human

Credit: SWNS

Pictured, you can see Rachel McAdams in a stripy cardigan, while Ferrell has a striped leather jacket with long hair, and a huge smile.

Onlookers said the film crew were kind and accommodating while they made sure to keep the public away during filming.

Edinburgh has really been in the limelight recently, with Fast and Furious also choosing to film in the capital. An onlooker said that they were glad the filming industry is giving Scotland a chance to shine, and to be in the spotlight.

The film is also going to star Demi Lovato, Pierce Brosnan and Dan Stevens.

Got any more videos of wild shit happening on campus? Send them to The Edinburgh Tab Instagram.

Featured image credit: SWNS