What’s Hot: Week 2

Everything you need to know about making the most of life in Durham this week. Drink responsibly.

Gospel Project

A day of rest

A day of rest

It’s sold out but if there’s one thing you should do this week then it’s this. Get your friends together then beg, borrow and steal for a ticket, don fancy dress and drink on a Sunday. There are strippers, ball pits and space to dance in Loveshack – what could be better?

Nugget of advice: Don’t plan anything for Monday morning

ZumbaZumbaZumba

It’s actually just called Zumba. Run by a fully qualified instructor this class is sure to be bucket loads of sweaty fun whilst burning bucket loads of calories. Post Christmas paunch getting you down then this is the answer, it’s a new, intense and feel good way to exercise in a big group of people who just love to zuummmbbaaa.

Nugget of advice: get over the fear and just do it

A lovely flyer for you

Feverrrrr

Walker and Royce will be whipping Fever into a frenzy

After their launch last term Fever Durham have found themselves a growing cult following and with Walker and Royce in town (Brooklyn boys who are big names in electronic music), wristbands selling like hotcakes and a reputation for being a lot of fun, there is only one way you should be spending your Friday night. Tickets on the door at Loft will be £5 from 10.30pm onwards.

Nugget of advice: Bring your dancing shoes

Comedy Cabaret!

We’re not quite sure what this means, but it’s alternative and they’re supposed to be quite funny. And they’re fit.

Go for a giggle with the Castle Theatre Company and enjoy a black tie night of Durham’s finest comic stand-up and sketch talent in Durham Castle’s Great Hall, featuring an oddly named sketch group known as ‘MASSIVE DAD’, apparently they’re the next big thing on the national comedy circuit. They’re joined by the Durham Revue who have been on fine form of late. It’s for one night only and it’s not a night to miss.

Saturday 1st February, 8pm, Castle Great Hall

Student/Student with a bottle of wine: £5/£12
Other/Other with a bottle of wine: £8/£15
**Option to organise discounted tables of 12 for groups/socials**
To order tickets and find out more please contact [email protected]

Important people said this:

“The Best Sketch Comedy Group We’ve Ever Seen…they’re REALLY FUNNY” – Work in Prowess
“Very very good” – The Guardian
“Really funny” – Naz Osmanoglu, comedian
“Better than sex’” – that guy off of Twitter

“Skip Oxbridge, do not pass Go, and move directly to Durham for a delightful hour of revue comedy” – Gerald Berkowitz (London Theatre Guide)
Nugget of advice: It’s a posh shindig, so look nice.