Chicken lovers rejoice: Popeyes is opening its first Welsh branch in Cardiff next month

BRB putting my name down to attend the opening night

Popeyes will be opening its first Welsh branch in Cardiff on St John Street next month.

The chain opened its first UK store in London in November 2021 and is expanding to open 31 restaurants across the UK by the end of 2023. 

Popeyes Louisiana Kitchen was founded in New Orleans, Louisiana in 1972 and has since opened 3705 locations worldwide as of 2021 including in Europe, the Middle East and Africa. 

The restaurant offers a range of products including fried chicken sandwiches, hot wings, and chicken tenders, alongside other sides and desserts. In 2019, the company became the subject of media attention in the U.S. following the launch of its chicken sandwich which sold out within two weeks due to unprecedented high demand. 

An opening date for the restaurant has yet to be confirmed although the restaurant’s website states that the Cardiff branch is ‘coming soon’. Job adverts have also been posted for numerous roles at the restaurant ranging from team members to manager positions. 

There is an opportunity to be invited to the branch’s opening by filling in information on this webpage.