King’s College to host walk-in vaccination centre for students and staff on 4th July

The College will host a subsequent clinic on 17th and 18th July, which will be open to the public

King’s College will be the site of a walk-in vaccination centre this Sunday (04/07) from 10am-2pm.

According to the college’s website, this will be a clinic for students and staff aged over 18 awaiting their first dose of the vaccine, and will be by “invitation only.” There is no need to book an appointment, and the clinic will be providing the Pfizer vaccine, as stated in an email from King’s to its students.

A second clinic will be held at King’s on 17th and 18th July, which will be open to the public, and again, only for the first dose of the vaccine.

In an email to the student body, King’s reminded its students that they are all now eligible to book their Covid vaccination, and it urged them to do so that when students and staff return for Michaelmas term, “we will be in a much safer state.”

George Ellison, a first-year Music student at King’s, expressed support for the hosting of a vaccination centre at the college: “It’s a really convenient way of providing students with the opportunity to get vaccinated, especially as many of the vaccination centres are fully booked.”

Chloe Barnes, a first-year Law student at King’s, said having this vaccination centre at the college was a “great opportunity”, especially considering that “recently students have been affected more by Covid”: “I’ll definitely be attending since I don’t have a bike and it has been difficult to access vaccination centres not in the town centre.”

Feature image credit: Matilda Head