Image may contain: Bar Counter, Pub, Wine Glass, Wine, Alcohol, Food Court, Food, Beverage, Drink, Goblet, Home Decor, Dating, Restaurant, Dining Table, Table, Furniture, Glass, Human, Person

The Tab’s RAG Blind Date Round Up

“Chatted about… maths”

| UPDATED #blinddate #CambridgeUniversity #studentlife Cambridge Cambridgestudentdating cantabs Dating funny RAG ragblinddate studentdating studentsdating

To help the single among us get through the crippling sense of loneliness that Valentine's day inevitably brings (cry), the RAG team pulled through and set up blind dates for single Cantabs. Big up.

But how did they go? Did people find the love of their life? OR were they reminded of all the reasons that they choose to be single? The Tab spoke to some blind daters to find out ALLthe goss…​

Harriet, Linguistics at Christ's

Attraction to date – '5/10'

Date’s personality- '6/10'

Banter levels on the date – '2/10'

Awkwardness of date – '4/10'

Overall rating – '4/10'

Brief summary of the date – 'We went to get a drink. He was quite chatty but I think he was only really comfortable talking about his compsci world of things. I learnt a lot about programming so that's something that could come in handy one day, I suppose.'

Will you be seeing them again?- 'Uhhh maybe an awkward run in at Sainsbury's. I would stop to say hi and have a quick chat, I reckon.'

Jack, MML at St. John's

Attraction to date – 'Brutal but 3/10'

Date’s personality '5/10'

Banter levels on the date – '1/10'

Awkwardness of date – '9/10'

Overall rating – '4/10'

Brief summary of the date – 'We went for a coffee and chatted about… maths. I fancied the Barista more than the date.'

Will you be seeing them again?- 'Perhaps by accident. But it won't be an arranged affair.'

Jo, English at Girton

Attraction to date – '4/10'

Date’s personality '6/10'

Banter levels on the date – '7/10'

Awkwardness of date – '2/10'

Overall rating – '5/10'

Brief summary of the date – 'We went to the Maypole, chatted about everything from our degrees and extracurriculars to psycho exes and sexuality.'

Will you be seeing them again?- 'I would see them again in a platonic capacity but nothing romantic sadly'

Tarquin, PhysNatSci at Corpus

Attraction to date – '4/10'

Date’s personality- '4/10'

Banter levels on the date – '0/10'

Awkwardness of date – '9/10'

Overall rating – '4/10'

Brief summary of the date – 'She is a perfectly nice girl but sadly it was one of the most boring hours of my life. We just didn’t have anything in common.'

Will you be seeing them again?- 'No.'

Tanuj, Maths at Darwin

Attraction to date – '9/10'

Date’s personality- '10/10'

Banter levels on the date – '7/10'

Awkwardness of date – '0/10'

Overall rating – '10/10'

Brief summary of the date – 'We went for coffee at Fitzbillies and talked about family, gardening (wholesome), our interview experiences, societies, ice skating and coffee or tea. He likes tea which was nearly a deal breaker but we persevered. I laughed a lot.

Awkward moments include me insulting his name and feeling quite bad. We also had a weird guy on the next table who gave some erm interesting sound effects to the date.'

Emily, Psychology at Jesus

Attraction to date – '8/10'

Date’s personality- '8/10'

Banter levels on the date – '7/10'

Awkwardness of date – '2/10'

Overall rating – '8/10'

Brief summary of the date – 'We went for lunch. He was so fun and lovely we really clicked.'

Will you be seeing them again?- 'Definitely seeing him again'

Cornel, History at King's

Attraction to date – '4/10'

Date’s personality- '10/10'

Banter levels on the date – '5/10'

Awkwardness of date – '1/10'

Overall rating – '7/10'

Brief summary of the date – 'Super sweet guy. Not my type but I'm trying to convince all my friends to go for him now.'

Will you be seeing them again?- 'Yes.'

So, there we have it. For some lucky singletons (especially you Tanuj), this blind dating experience may well lead on to a new Facebook relationship status. Winner. As for the rest, it was a, ahem, experience. Plus, its generated some GREAT embarrassing stories for said people to share with their friends/ future dates/ DoS. It's really not all bad you guys.

Cover photo source- x