Is Cambridge getting a second rugby international?

Jamie Roberts tweeted a suggestion that Australian star David Pocock play for Cambridge.

| UPDATED pocock

Pocock might be the saviour Cambridge needs to prevent a seventh Varsity loss in a row. 

David Pocock, the standout performer of the Wallaby side that crushed England’s hopes in the group stages and reached the final of the Rugby World Cup, is reportedly considering taking a sabbatical to study at either Oxford or Cambridge.

His contract with the Australian Rugby Union runs out at the end of this season. According to media reports, the 27-year-old Pocock will decide within the next 10 days whether he will take a break from the Wallabies.

Pocock considering switching the green and gold for light blue.

Jamie Roberts, two-time Lion and Welsh centre, is currently studying a MPhil in medical science at Queens’. Forced out of the Varsity Match at halftime by injury, his presence alone was not enough to reverse Oxford’s rugby dominance. The Dark Blues came out on top for the sixth year in a row with a 12-6 win.

Despite ruling the Oxford captain out of the rest of the game, Roberts wasn’t enough to prevent the Dark Blues’ dominance.

Roberts tweeted what appears to be a recommendation of Cambridge to Pocock, demonstrating that despite his foray into Cindies last year, he appears to be satisfied here.

Emoji game almost as good as his rugby.

Pocock is widely considered one of the keys to Australia’s success at the 2015 Rugby World Cup. Popular with both fans and players, he crossed the line against New Zealand in the final.

If he were to choose Cambridge, Pocock and Roberts would be eligible to play alongside each other in the 2016 Varsity Match. Hopefully the RWC pair would be able to wreak havoc against the Dark Blues and turn the tide of Oxford’s dominance.

Maybe next year we’ll be able to see two rugby internationals wandering around University.