Selwyn Snowball headliner revealed

We (almost) exclusively release Selwyn Snowball’s scintillating headliners

snowball

The Crookes will headline the 2014 Selwyn Snowball.

The four-piece band, who released their 3rd album Soapbox earlier this year, have been described by the BBC Radio DJ Steve Lamacq as “his favourite British band of the year.”

Negotiations with the Met Office have apparently meant snow is “guaranteed”

Inspired by pop music of the 50s & 60s and Kitchen sink realism, the band has been compared to Orange Juice and The Smiths, and have had numerous live appearances on BBC Radio as well as featuring heavily in NME.  Hmm…

Their ‘heart-breaking melodies’ and lyrics have caught the attention of Noel Gallagher, who included The Crookes in his praise for Sheffield bands.

Fresher Charlie Calver, squealed with delight, telling us she was “really excited – especially with that ringing endorsement.”

The Snowball’s ‘Publicity Officer’, Oliver Brecher, told us he was “ecstatic” and “quivering with excitement.”

So quivering. Much excite

Budding musician, Rosie Taylor had an interesting response: “Their music’s inspired by Kitchen Sink Realism?! I don’t know what that is but I’m planning on saying it really loudly when they play. Then people will think I’m indie and might like me more.”

The Selwyn Snowball Committee have already announced that Young Kato – who featured on Made in Chelsea – will also be performing at the event on 5th December.

Tickets were available from this morning and they’re expected to sell out quickly after the rapid pre-sale last weekend.

Billing itself as the “cheapest winter ball in Cambridge,” tickets are still £74 so you’ll have to dig deep.

UPDATE: Sources (ahem – Facebook) tell us there are only 40 tickets left so get in there quick.