Tab Exclusive: Union Lineup Revealed

The Union has released its lineup for Michaelmas term.

Actor Rupert Everett, broadcaster Bill Oddie and Princess Basmah Bint Saud are among figures that will be speaking at the Union this term, The Tab can exclusively reveal.

The Michaelmas lineup sees a move away from hosting controversial figures such as Julian Assange and Dominique Strauss-Kahn with a shift towards a more varied array of speakers.

There will be a strong focus on topical events, with gold medallist Greg Rutherford being joined by Tim Baillie and Etienne Scott to discuss the impact of the Olympics.

Greg Rutherford and co will be stopping by to talk Olympics

The US election will also be covered, with a screening of the presidential candidates debate, a visit from US ambassador Louis Susman, and an election party, as well as Clare top dog and American history professor, Tony Badger, proposing the motion This House Would Re-Elect Obama.

Among the stars are also a healthy crop of notable politicians, such as Ken Livingstone, John Bercow, Emma Reynolds and thecheeky Lembit Opik.

Austin Mahler, Union President told The Tab: “It’s going to be a diverse term, with actors, scientists, politicians, Olympic medallists, and a debate on the music industry. There’s also an great array of ents from the classic Jazz and Cocktails, to our weekly Yoga and Zumba classes.

“The real gem of this term, though, is that it’s all a product of members’ efforts. We’ve asked members for feedback, suggestions, and help, and it’s all come together in this termcard.”

Termcards will be in pigeonholes from Monday.