Underdogs Undress

Tit Hall’s waterpolo team can’t swim but they can strip.

| UPDATED Arm Bands naked Tit Hall trinity hall Underdogs Undressed Waterpolo

One small team are making huge waves in the world of water polo this weekend. The Trinity Hall water polo team has been the cause of much hype recently, with their team photo stunt drawing much female attention from all around Cambridge. One female student claimed that the athletes are “too sexy to be Cambridge students”.

Tit Hall’s Team showing their guns

The team, which has come together in the past months under the captaincy of Matthew Walton (University squad and Jailbreak Winner) are regarded as the underdogs of the competition, which takes place over three days this weekend at the Leys pool.

Group1 Group2 Group3
Christ’s St John’s Clare
Queens’ Magdalene St Catz
Selwyn Jesus Trinity
Caius Emma Tit Hall

The group stages

With the transfer window opened for teams to recruit blues players whose colleges are not entered, Catz and Queens have quickly jumped to the favourites, snaring the Blues Captain 2011/12 Dan Woolcott and Hamish Crichton [Captain 2012/13].

When asked to comment on the negotiations, Woolcott described them as  “intense” and “hilarious”. Trinity Hall, despite losing their bids to capture Hamish, managed to poach 3 players from Pembroke. Josh Hirsh Witz, James Robson and Rob Sanders have all jumped ship. Matt is confident this will ensure their victory.

When Josh H was asked what made him steer clear of the industrial and faceless teams who waved around large budgets in the negotiations he replied, “Water polo is a game about heart and unlike other blues players, who chased lucrative contracts, bright lights, hollow victories and fickle fans, I followed my heart minnows and joined the underGODS.”

Now the pub-based negotiations are over, Trinity Hall looks to be truly shaking the foundations of its rivals, with brand new stash, brand new players, and the uninterrupted drive to win.

We talked to Matt about the intense training his team and the Pembroke three had been enduring in the weeks up to their big games. He said, “I think everyone has pushed themselves to their limits, Josh has been working hard on his throwing ‘Lat’, and most of the team may have completed a press up in their own time. I couldn’t be more impressed with them all.”

When we asked Matt about rumours that their goalkeeper needed arm bands to stay a float he simply replied “please, that’s only when he’s in the deep end, and no other teams will be coming anywhere near our goal in any case.”

Other teams are more sceptical. Owen Waugh, player for John’s and waterpolo blue told The Tab: “I’m sure their pride will be as easy to puncture as their arm bands.”

The cuppers take place, Friday 9-10pm, Saturday 4-5pm, and Sunday 11-12am. I know which team I’ll be rooting for.