Theatre Guide Dog: Week 6

THE THEATRE GUIDE DOG has an important lesson for you all this week.

aria da capo bacchae euripides Footlights Hatch the collector the country The Theatre Guide Dog theatre guide dog unconditional Varsity

Creativity is the spice of life, but to prostitue one’s dignity for the sake of response is just embarrassing. 

The Guide Dog understands. The Guide Dog agrees.

The Guide Dog thinks as well that it’s appalling to shamelessly court readers with cheap demands for attention, instead of generating original, interesting content which naturally lends itself to genuine discussion.

Footlights Comedy Festival 2012 – 26th February only

To quote the words of a certain sage by the name of “Old saying“: “In Durham, they talk of Doxbridge. In Oxford, they talk of Oxbridge. In Cambridge, they talk of Cambridge.” (Six comments down, if you’re stupid/lazy). We did get shat on by such apparent mediocrities as Leeds and Bristol last time though, so perhaps we should shut up.

Cambridge Arts Theatre, 7.45pm £10-20

Hatch – 27th February only

Get close and cozy as lots of arts students in ironically ugly floral prints (spring, y’know) vomit their feelings in the form of poetry, prose and short plays.

Corpus Playroom, 9.30pm £5-6

The Collector – 28th February – 3rd March

Think the Josef Fritzl case with added butterflies, for extra creepiness.

Corpus Playroom, 7pm £5-6

Unconditional – 28th February – 3rd March

Chloe Mashiter decides to stage something suspiciously devoid of both Japanese poetry and zombies.

Pembroke New Cellars, 7pm £5

Footlights’ Spring Revue 2012: Donors – 28th February – 3rd March

I wrote a joke once. But then I showed someone and they didn’t like it so I stopped. These people, however, haven’t. Go along and encourage them if you must.

ADC, 7.45pm £8-12

The Country – 28th February – 3rd March

More plays about middle-class people with Issues. We are self obsessed, aren’t we. This time middle-class people with Issues go for a holiday in… guess where? Cue SYMBOLISM about the bestial side of man.

Corpus Playroom, 9.30pm £5-6

The Bacchae – 28th February – 3rd March

We are loving our Greeks this term, and they seem to be OK with loving us back so far. I approve most highly of promises that the audience will “be immersed, literally and figuratively, in a world of sex, drugs and debauchery”, though I will be displeased if this is lies and an abuse of the meaning of words. No pressure.

Pembroke New Cellars, 9.30pm £5

Footlights Smoker – 28th February only

All those favourite funnies who didn’t make it into the Revue will be waiting – don’t you let them down, now.

ADC, 11pm £6-7

Aria da Capo – 29th February – 3rd March

Possibly the most impressively hipster show blurb Cambridge has ever seen, containing the words and phrases “poet”, “searing”, “First World War”, “bisexual”, “Pulitzer Prize”, “chain-smoking” and “can’t act”.

ADC, 11pm, £4-6