Exclusive: Filthy Filthy Whispers

Library Whispers, the new site taking Cambridge by storm, have sent The Tab a selection of whispers that were too controversial for their site.

Twitter-esque website LibraryWhispers is taking Cambridge’s libraries by storm.

The site, set up on 15th May, lets you post anonymous comments from various libraries around Cambridge, and displays them in a real time stream, much like Twitter.

A group of Cambridge students, who wish to remain characteristically anonymous, set up the site so to help students communicate in libraries. Every library in Cambridge can be ‘whispered’ from – but there is no other information to identify a poster.

The site took off almost immediately and rakced up over 1,000 posts within five days. Soon all kinds of unexpected whispers could be heard.

The founders told The Tab: “We’ve had people arranging midnight liaisons, secret updates about librarians, indecent propositions, May Ball leaks… even posts from the Astronomy Library.”

LibraryWhispers is still moving from strength to strength – and as exams draw nearer for more and more people it shows no signs of letting up; not even after midnight.

LibraryWhispers gave The Tab access to some “banned and outrageous” whispers. Here are a few of the highlights (or lowlights, depending on your perspective):

“Just spat on a working-class person – fucking

jokes!!!!!” [from St. John’s – removed by site admins]

I thought I’d see if I could rile up anybody on the site (I’m the bottom post) – and the whisperers delivered. Give it a try if you get bored:

librarywhispers.co.uk for all your anonymous library needs. Not all posts are insulting.

University of Cambridge banned Bigotry controversial Exams John's Library kieran corcoran Libraries Library LibraryWhispers mml Sex st johns website whisper