Exclusive: Filthy Filthy Whispers

Library Whispers, the new site taking Cambridge by storm, have sent The Tab a selection of whispers that were too controversial for their site.

banned Bigotry controversial Exams John's Library kieran corcoran Libraries Library LibraryWhispers mml Sex st johns website whisper

Twitter-esque website LibraryWhispers is taking Cambridge’s libraries by storm.

The site, set up on 15th May, lets you post anonymous comments from various libraries around Cambridge, and displays them in a real time stream, much like Twitter.

A group of Cambridge students, who wish to remain characteristically anonymous, set up the site so to help students communicate in libraries. Every library in Cambridge can be ‘whispered’ from – but there is no other information to identify a poster.

The site took off almost immediately and rakced up over 1,000 posts within five days. Soon all kinds of unexpected whispers could be heard.

The founders told The Tab: “We’ve had people arranging midnight liaisons, secret updates about librarians, indecent propositions, May Ball leaks… even posts from the Astronomy Library.”

LibraryWhispers is still moving from strength to strength – and as exams draw nearer for more and more people it shows no signs of letting up; not even after midnight.

LibraryWhispers gave The Tab access to some “banned and outrageous” whispers. Here are a few of the highlights (or lowlights, depending on your perspective):

“Just spat on a working-class person – fucking

jokes!!!!!” [from St. John’s – removed by site admins]

I thought I’d see if I could rile up anybody on the site (I’m the bottom post) – and the whisperers delivered. Give it a try if you get bored:

librarywhispers.co.uk for all your anonymous library needs. Not all posts are insulting.