You Know It’s The Start Of Lent Term When…
You’re back, you’re keen, and it’s not falling apart just yet. Be proud.
You know it’s the start of Lent term when…
· You’ve got lots of shiny new pens and more paper than one person can handle.
· Everything is clean and your room is absolutely spotless. New leaf? Check.
· Your alcohol tolerance has gone to shit.
· You’ve completely forgotten when all your lectures and supervisions are.
· You’re desperately trying to lose the Christmas weight.
· You miss the first Cindies in favour of the library, trying to do 5 weeks worth of vac work in a night. You fail.
· You can walk past people without shame because everyone has forgotten your embarrassing drunken antics at the end of Mich.
· You have the awkward ‘So how was your Christmas/New Year/Vacation?‘ conversation with too many people you’d never normally choose to talk to.
· Your DoS starts talking about ‘revision timetables’. Nothing like being prepared.
· Everyone is talking about May Ball already.
· You want everyone to shut the fuck up about their New Years Resolutions. 3 weeks since your last fag? I DON’T GIVE A SHIT.
· You realise just how disgusting buttery food is after being spoilt with home cooking.
· If you’re from the North, none of your friends understand you anymore because your accent has gotten so strong.
· Also for Northerners: you have to learn another load of new London slang that emerged over Christmas and Cambridge is eagerly embracing.
· You’re disappointed with Cam clubs all over again.
For the freshers:
· The 12 page reading list you got emailed this morning didn’t make you go into shock.
· You feel smug when you come back and remember where Cindies/Sainsburys/Sidgwick is.
· It’s painfully evident who you are actually going to be friends with and who are those ‘Freshers Week Friends’
· You now get pissed off at ‘Down it fresher!’. I mean, you’re basically a veteran Cantab now so it’s just rude right?
· This one guy, who didn’t quite make it into the cool crowd in Mich, comes back with a piercing and whole new wardrobe thinking Lent is going to be the term he’s the popular kid. Don’t worry, he’s wrong, but points for trying.
· You start panicking about your lack of extra-curricular last term and sign up for way more than you could possibly do. You’ll drop 75% by week 2, promise.