Dean Street Works freshers sent to three-star IBIS hotel instead of halls

They’re getting £10 in Deliveroo vouchers every day

Bristol freshers told their halls wouldn’t be ready for the start of term have been sent to a three-star Ibis hotel instead.  They will be made to live in the £56 per night establishment for over a month.

Considering the freshers were paying £177 per week for their original halls, the Ibis Hotel seems like a pretty sweet deal.

Feeling jealous? These freshers are spending the next month chilling with a flat screen TV, double bed, and ensuite.

All students are living on the same two floors, to avoid putting other guests at risk of coronavirus infection.

Students get £10 worth of Deliveroo food vouchers per day to pay for lunch and dinner.

Zaynah Aliyah Hussain, an incoming Childhood Studies fresher, admitted that “we had low expectations for the hotels based on the reviews, but we were pleasantly surprised. The rooms are actually decent sizes. They are quite spacious which we weren’t expecting.

“The only downside is we don’t have fridges or anything like that, which would’ve been quite an essential especially as we have to order food. Having nowhere to store leftovers is an issue.”

The situation is especially difficult for international students. “They’ve had to move from all over the world into these hotels – and so the second move into Dean Street might be even tougher as their families have gone back home.”

Students have been told that their actual accommodation at Dean Street Works will be ready in four to eight weeks.