Bristol Uni has ranked 58th in the world and ninth in the UK in QS World Rankings

58/1000 isnt too shabby

The University of Bristol has ranked within the top 60 universities in the world and ninth best in the UK, according to the QS World Rankings.

UoB placed just below LSE, and above the University of Warwick, Durham and Glasgow to achieve its spot in the top 10 unis in the UK. Bristol scored 70.6 overall.

Bristol also ranked 14th in Europe.

The international rankings analyse the top 1000 unis across 85 countries, and use indicators such as academic reputation, citations per faculty and faculty to student ratio to formulate its results. It also encompasses the opinions of 102,000 academic and 51,000 employers worldwide.

Against the rest of the world Bristol has dropped nine places since the 2020 ranks, which saw UoB place 49th in the world. However, Bristol still placed above the prestigious Ivy League school Brown University in America.

In a statement, the University of Bristol noted: “Bristol’s strongest indicator was for its reputation with employers around the world, while it also increased its performance in its proportion of international staff and students.”

This ranking follows the Complete University Guide’s 2021 league table, which only looks at UK unis, where Bristol placed 14th in the UK and saw them score 80% for student satisfaction.

Feature Image background: @worlduniranking QS World University Ranking