Image may contain: Female, Portrait, Photo, Photography, People, Crowd, Apparel, Clothing, Night Club, Head, Night Life, Club, Smile, Face, Party, Human, Person

Bristol has been shortlisted for Best City Life award

Probably because of Lounge tbh

Bristol has been shortlisted for Best City Life Award in the WhatUni Student Choice Awards (WUSCA). Even though we'd suggest looking no further than Bristruths, the awards give prospective students real, student-led opinions that other university rankings don't offer.

A body of over 41,000 students at 160 institutions have contributed to the WUSCA and have shortlisted Bristol amidst the likes of Leeds, Manchester and Edinburgh.

Students praised Bristol in their reviews for its diversity, friendliness and good nightlife. One student described it as "small enough not to be scary, but big enough to have a lot."

Alright, don't know about you but St Michael's Hill is big enough to be scary.

Image may contain: Alphabet, Page, Letter, Word, Text

Good luck, prospective students.

The Pro Vice- Chancellor for Education at the University of Bristol, Sally Heslop, agrees that "Bristol ticks so many boxes" as it offers a great nightlife and "an abundance of culture, a vibrant music scene, countless festivals, free activities, beautiful green spaces and lots of independent shops and cafes."

We hope Lizard Lounge got a little shout-out in the nightlife reviews.

Image may contain: Party, Dress, Smile, Face, Woman, Sunglasses, Accessory, Accessories, Skirt, Female, Person, Human, Clothing, Apparel

The awards have been running for 6 years with Bristol winning the prestigious accolade in 2015. Bristol wants to to regain the title when the winners are announced at a ceremony in London on the 25th April. The winner is based on averages taken from student reviews.

The University of Bristol takes the shortlisting as a fantastic "vote of confidence" from the students, according to Heslop. The WUSCA awards will help to inform future students of universities and hopefully make their choices easier.