Image may contain: Party, Person, People, Human

Lakota nightclub could be converted into offices and accommodation

The closure is expected to take place in a few years

The owners of Lakota have announced that the famous nightclub may be turned into office space and accommodation.

The sad news has already caused commotion and debate amongst the club’s fans.

The Burgess family, owners of the club, said they are “looking at proposals to convert it into a mixed-use site” which will “include residential accommodation as well as some business space.”

This has not come as a shock to many Bristolians, following the Thekla scare last year, which was then followed by the closure of Surrey Vaults.

The owners of the prestigious nightclub told Bristol Post: “We’ve been part of the city’s club scene, and the St Paul’s and Stokes Croft community, since the early 80’s and with so many years of running clubs and pubs in the area amassed we’ve decided that it’s the right time for us to explore new opportunities for our site on the corner of Upper York St and Moon St.”

However, they reassured us that the club will not be disappearing anytime soon: “Our plans will take time to develop. So, it’s very much business as usual for the next few years as Lakota will continue working with promoters to offer a range of club nights and events in the way it has always done.”

Don’t panic yet, Bristol Freshers.