Bristol University ranked in top 50 institutions in the world for employment

Take that, Durham

Hide Images

The 2019 edition of the QS Graduate Employability Rankings (GER) has ranked Bristol University as 47th globally and 6th in the United Kingdom.

Only six other UK universities made it to the top 50 in the global rankings, which saw Massachusetts Institute of Technology being awarded first place. These universities included Cambridge, Oxford, UCL, Imperial, LSE and Manchester.

Only seven UK universities made it into the top 50 for the GER global rankings

To calculate a university's ranking, QS use five categories: employer reputation (constituting 30% of an institution's final score), alumni outcomes (25%), partnerships with employers per faculty (25%), employer-student connections (10%) and graduate employment rate.

Stuart Johnson, Director of Careers Service at Bristol, said : "It’s gratifying to see our sustained efforts reflected in this ranking. We have worked hard to build and develop relationships with all kinds of employers, with the goal of creating excellent opportunities for our students – both while they’re at university and once they’ve graduated.

This ranking is in light of Bristol graduates being named as the 4th most-targeted by Britain's top 100 employers

"Bristol attracts some of the best students and produces some of the most employable graduates, something that as an institution and as a careers service we are tremendously proud of."

QS Graduate Employability Rankings 2019: Top 10 UK Universities

1. University of Cambridge

2. University of Oxford

3. UCL

4. Imperial College London

5. University of Manchester

6. University of Bristol

7. LSE

8. University of Leeds

9. University of Edinburgh

10. King's College London