Image may contain: Aerial View, Urban, City, Office Building, Town, Downtown, Building, Potted Plant, Plant

Second year Bristol maths student found dead

The university are encouraging those who need help to come forward

Bristol University today confirmed that one of its students was found dead this week on Wednesday 25th October.

He had just begun his second year studying Mathematics at the university. The Police have said they believe that the student took his own life, though it will be for the Coroner to determine this in due course.

A spokesperson for the University of Bristol said: "Sadly, we can confirm that one of our students was found dead on 25 October. The student’s next-of-kin have been informed, and our thoughts are with his family and friends at this difficult time."

They continued: "The welfare of our students and staff continues to be our highest priority and it is distressing for all members of the University community that one of our students has died. We would urge any students affected by this tragic incident to seek support from University services, friends or family."

If you are experiencing any kind of mental health issue which you believe is causing you dangerous levels of stress – please, do not suffer alone. The help is ready and available for those who require it.

If you are experiencing mental health problems and wish to get help, a list of all the Bristol services open to students can be found here.

Samaritans have an invaluable helpline- 116 123- that is open 24/7. Their website can be found here.

Whilst The Tab were informed of the student's identity, out of respect for his friends and family we have declined to name him here.