Breaking: Gordon Brown to speak in Bristol in November

GORDON’S ALIVE!!

It was announced today that Gordon Brown will be one of the speakers at this year’s Bristol Festival of Ideas.

The former Prime Minister will be speaking at Wills Memorial Building on Tuesday 14th November from 18:30-19:45.

Admission will be free but to prevent 'no shows'- which currently run at around 35% of bookings at BFI events- attendees will be restricted to booking only one ticket per transaction.

Brown's talk will be held at Wills Memorial Building

The event is being held to coincide with the release of his new memoir 'My Life, Our Times'. According to the event description, Brown will be reflecting on his career that spanned thirteen years in government, first as Chancellor for 10 years and then his three years as Prime Minister.

The Festival of Ideas holds over 150 events each year at different venues around the city, aiming to inspire debate and discussion and celebrate the work of great writers and thinkers.

Gordon and Sarah Brown at a previous event

Booking will open Monday 16th October with questions for Mr Brown being collected then ahead of his appearance the following month.

Previous Bristol Festival of Ideas speakers include Senator Bernie Sanders, whose event in June caused the event website to crash due to unprecedented demand.