Computer Science student gets an Uber to Bristol instead of home to Brixton

It cost him £467

Aaron Wray, an 18-year-old computer science student from London, drunkenly ordered an Uber and mistakenly set his destination as Bristol.

After a night out on the town, the Brixton resident fell asleep in the back of the Uber, assuming he would be returned home in a short 20 minutes.

However, the hapless fresher discovered at 6am that he had misdirected the driver to Bristol: a detour that would have cost him £467 overall.

At this point, they both realised the mistake and the Uber was turned around, returning them to the capital five hours later.

According to Uber: “Our systems show the rider set an address in Bristol as their destination. When they arrived and it became clear that this was an error, the driver returned to London o drop them off in Croydon. This was clearly an unfortunate mistake, so as a gesture of goodwill we would like to offer the rider a refund.”

Despite the unorthodox route, at least he got home without having to shell out what is equivalent to 155 meal deals. Or two weeks rent if you are in London.