Why the hell are these red stickers everywhere on Bristol’s campus?

We did some digging and found out why

Bristol students have been baffled by a spate of red hedgehog stickers appearing all over campus.

These stickers, which bear the legend #OneStepFurther, have been plastered everywhere from the ASS to the Triangle and are all accompanied by a mysterious number ranging from 1 to 1000.

Theories for their sudden appearance have ranged from the mundane to the bizarre, denoting anything from a new road safety campaign to a countdown for an impending nuclear apocalypse.

But The Tab can finally reveal that these stickers are part of a philanthropic push on behalf of Bristol Raising and Giving.

In an exclusive interview, Innovations Officer Tim Thorne explained that RAG are deploying the device to raise awareness for their upcoming pedometer challenge, with the number on each sticker denoting the number of steps it would take to get from the sticker’s location to the Students’ Union.

The “Steps Towards Change” pedometer challenge will run from Monday 6th to Friday 10th March.

Held in conjunction with Get Active, there will be a number of prizes on offer for those who fundraise more than £20 for charity.

According to Tim: “The universality of this event excites me. For those who are ultra-competitive, there are leaderboards and big prizes for the furthest distance travelled over the week, as well as most hours spent exercising.”

“For those who see it as a more personal challenge, or one that they just want to do among friends, there are awards on offer for them too, whether that be for most money fundraised, most creative activity attempted or the team prize”.

As an extra incentive, Tim has promised that “If we raise what we hope to for our partner charities, I pledge to spend a full university day in the RAG hedgehog mascot, Bristles!”

All money raised will be donated to the charities Student Minds, Julian House and Crisis Centre Ministries, as chosen by Bristol students earlier this year.

You can read more about the challenge on the “Steps Towards Change” event page and can sign up to take part at the link here.