The Tab Bristol’s Battle of the Bands: Group 1

Bands included: Salute the Sun, Little Moon, and Bangover.

Bristol is famous for its thriving music scene, a fact that attracts talented people from all over the country to attend our beautiful university.

Now, over a series of articles, The Tab will shine a light on some of the student acts that could be the next big thing.

From slow, acoustic melodies to roaring thrash metal sounds, readers will have to choose their own favorite musical act to continue to the next stage and be one step closer to becoming The Tab Bristol’s Student Band of the Year.

Salute the Sun

Give us a short summary of who you are as an artist?

We’re 4 zealous guys in a rock band, with a heart for fresh sounds

Who is your biggest musical influence?

The Red Hot Chilli Peppers, because of the energy they bring!

What song are you currently obsessed with?

The Lung by Hiatus Kaiyote

Little Moon

Formed in 2014, Little Moon are an indie-alternative student band from Bristol playing moody, unpredictable, and energetic music. Initially compared to The Doors and Foals, the band are now creating their own unique sound.

Who is your biggest musical influence?

Arctic Monkeys, Kaki King, Foals, Mac Demarco, Massive Attack, Tool

Yes I’m Changing by Tame Impala

Bangover

A Bangover is the crippling pain you feel from headbanging too much, and that’s exactly what you get from us (as well as party poppers, inexplicable costumes and Christmas crackers). We are predominantly thrash but take influence from all kinds of artists so have a listen and decide for yourself!

Who is your biggest musical influence?

Jesus (And Slayer or alcohol)

Vices by Slayer