The new student area Beacon House is finally open

Another place to procrastinate

“You know that building next to Pams? Queens Road, next to the bus stop?” For ages questions such as these are met with confused looks by flatmates everywhere.

But now, Beacon House, Bristol University’s newest student space has opened and we are no longer reliant on the ASS for all of our study needs.

In response to student requests, the flashy new site aims to provide many much needed new desks to revise for exams, and the best part is that it’s right next to the bus stop that gets first years back to glorious Stoke Bishop.

Beacon House has been home to a plethora of different institutions, originally Queen’s Hotel and eventually Habitat, Beacon House sits right on the bottom of Whiteladies Road meaning its well placed for the SU and the Victoria Rooms.

The Grade II listed building will also include a food court and 388 study seats to help cope with the overflow from libraries like the ASS and Wills.

The study space will also include wireless charging points and features a striking blue colour scheme.

To prove how ‘gap yah’ the new rooms really are, Bristol University chose to make the floor out of recylce fishing nets from small villages in the Philippines.

But the greatest thing about the study space is its proximity to Donnervans for the glorious possibility of a post study session kebab.