Man arrested over three burglaries at student shared property in Selly Oak

A 28-year-old man was held in custody while police made inquiries

A 28-year-old man has been arrested on suspicion of three burglaries which took place on Teignmouth Road. 

The thefts occurred at a shared student property in Selly Oak after a break in on 5th November.

The man will remain in custody as enquiries continue, Birmingham Live reports.

West Midlands Police reported that the man, who is yet to be named, had been arrested in connection with the burglaries. 

Police presence has been increased in the area as a result of the break in, with West Midlands Police partnering with university security.

Deputy Chief Inspector Dave Sproson, from the Local Command Team at Birmingham LPA commented:Following the incident, we stepped up patrols in and around Selly Oak, in partnership with security services at the university, to offer reassurance and engage with students about home security.”

“Our officers worked hard on the investigation and we have now made an arrest. We continue to make enquiries.”

Those with information can contact police via Live Chat on its website or by calling 101 quoting crime investigation number 20/962901/23. Alternatively, call Crimestoppers, where information can be left anonymously, on 0800 555 111.

Students with concerns can contact UoB Community Living at [email protected]

Birmingham students join national walkout in pro-Palestine protest

• University of Birmingham has ranked 22nd in The Times Good University Guide

• Birmingham UCU calls off planned strike action for the first week of term

Featured image via Google Maps