House on Hubert Road is broken into

‘The key bolt on the door had been destroyed, leaving just a hole’

selly oak the tab the tab bham the tab birmingham the tab brum university of birmingham UoB

In the early hours of Sunday morning, a house was broken into on Hubert road.  This is one of several instances of break-ins or attempted break-ins in Selly Oak this past week.

Bridey de Jong-Daly, who is a resident of the property, told The Tab: “It must have happened between 4.30am and 9.00am Sunday morning. No windows were smashed but the key bolt on the door had been destroyed, leaving just a hole.

“Fortunately, we had locked all our bedroom doors, so the intruders could not enter them, which meant that they only had access to downstairs. Luckily, we did not leave valuables downstairs, so the only thing they could steal was a bottle of Amaretto, which we found rather amusing.

“As a house we feel alright, I think the fact nothing valuable was stolen and no one heard anything almost makes is feel like it didn’t happen. But we are more aware now that break in’s do happen and that it can happen to anyone.”

Hubert Road

After the event, Bridey posted on the Fab ‘n’ Fresh page in order to warn others about the dangers in Selly Oak.  This incident and along with previous has caused some members of Selly to question there safety.

If anybody has information regarding this event or any others, then you can contact West Midlands Police on 101 or anonymously call Crimestoppers on 0800 555 111.