Queen’s slips a further TWELVE places down the league tables

We still love you QUB

#lovequb belfast qub qub ranking queens queens students uni league table uni tables

Queen’s University has dropped further down the league tables as QS publishes this year’s rankings.

Queen’s has been ranked a dismal 182nd best in the world by QS, dropping 12 places from last year.

10/10 for aesthetic though

The league table uses an overall score of academic reputation, employer reputation, course results, citations per faculty and student satisfaction to calculate the ranking.

We obtained an overall score of 55.80.

QS also marked us down on courses with English Language dropping from 51 in 2014 to 101 this year and Sciences and Medicine falling from 193 to 228.

Sometimes love is not enough

But it’s not all bad — according to the Guardian’s University League Table, QUB has amazingly risen to 45th top uni in the UK all the way from 46th last year.

We also did better with courses according to the Guardian, rated 2nd for Dentistry and Pharmacy, 5th for Chemical Engineering, 7th for Chemistry, 9th for Sociology and Social Work, 10th for Film Studies and 11th for Architecture.

History and Politics third year Kim Pelling said: “I don’t think Queens is that bad. I don’t even pay attention to the rankings, it’s not about the uni rankings it’s the experience you have at uni.

“I haven’t noticed a decline in Queen’s performance and it wouldn’t have affected my decision to come here.”

And it could be worse, UUJ didn’t even make the table.