Aber uni research assistant charged with attempted murder

She is charged for stabbing a 51-year old and wounding two others

Lauren Jeska,  a 41-year old research assistant and champion athlete from Machynlleth is on trial for attempted murder at an athletics competition in March.

During a top-level competition in Birmingham earlier this year, Jeska has been accused of attempting to murder another athlete.

As of today, the research assistant is on remand at HMP Styal in Cheshire for attempted murder of Ralph Knibbs, and for wounding Tim Begley and Kevin Taylor.

The athlete charged with attempted murder

On 22 March, police intervened at Alexander Stadium where high-class athletes competed that day, as a sports man had reportedly been stabbed in the morning of said Tuesday.

Aside from facing charges for attempted murder, Jeska is under investigation for possessing three bladed weapons, including a 30cm bread knife and two  kitchen knives.

During her hearing at Birmingham Crown Court the 41-year old only raised her voice to confirm her name. The hearing was conducted via video-link, and did not result in further clarification. The research assistant has yet to enter pleas to defend her case, however must remain in custody until future hearings on 16 June of this year.

The trial continues.