It’s official: Legendary Gaz K-B is your Bartender of the Semester

What a hero

Gaz K-B from Harry’s saw off competition to earn a colossal 46% of the vote to take home the prestigious Bartender of the Semester crown.

Reece Hoskins from Cambrian came second and third place went to Nicola Powell from the Angel, but they never got close the living legend that is K-B.

He was delighted with his victory, saying: “Honestly, I’m touched. I got loads of people sharing the post and messaging me after they’d voted. I hadn’t realised so many students liked me for abusing them if they didn’t order a double, or a GAA.”

The smile of a winner

He continued: “But yeah, I’m really thrilled.

“I ended up getting stopped in Yokos by people saying ‘we voted for you!’

“As well as that, gents of my ‘aesthetics’ have been saying that it has helped them on certain nights out too. It’s a good bit of banter over the revision period to say the least.”

Cheeky champers celebrations

When asked if he thought he’d win, he responded “Christ, Really?! Not at all. I’ve met and am friends with some of my ‘competition’ and from a professional point of view, they offer a great service and put up with a lot of daily grief from customers who are a tad more ‘socially lubricated’ than they had been an hour or so before with us at Harry’s.”

Always a cause to celebrate when K-B’s out on the town

While loving being the victor, K-B said that “there are a few unsung heroes I’ve had the pleasure of being served by in scholars and Irie’s, to say the least.

“Thanks to the staff and all that have voted really. And pop into Harry’s this year for more carnage!”