Where are the best places to hide on campus when the storm hits?

Brace yourselves

We all hate the storms that hit Aber every winter, but there’s some good hiding spots to avoid the impending chaos.

When the uni sends out warnings to stay away from the seafront because large waves can carry big stones, when you don’t even bother straightening your hair because it will be tousled in no time, when you hate leaving your house to take your bins out, you know the storms are hitting Aber again.

The dark months of hating the weather have begun, and you can’t do anything but hide.

But where?

Andrew, Interpol, Third year

Andrew loves pints and shaun of the dead puns

“What I would do is, there’s this little pub hidden away on campus called Brynamlwg. I’d go there, have a pint and wait for all of this to blow over.”

Lizzie, Countryside conservation, Third year

They have plugs and loos in there as well

“I would hide in the Arts Centre because there’s lots of nice cake there.”

Ella, Zoology, First year

“I would just evacuate to Norway and get wrapped up in blankets with Huskies to survive.”

Nick, Genetics and Biochemistry, Second year

“Well we don’t hide, last time we went to the promenade to have a look at the storm.”

Jason, Interpol, Third year

“I’d go to the National Library because you won’t go outside because it’s too windy and wet. And you have all the materials and silence you need to get your work done. You’re trapped, you don’t have a choice but to work.”

Anneli, Third year

“I would definitely hide in the aquarium, so I can carry on with my dissertation.”