Industrial strikes to halt ALL train services on Thursday and Friday

There won’t be any replacement buses either

Aber is set to descend into chaos after Arriva Trains Wales announced a 48 hour strike from Thursday to Friday.

All services will be halted as unions decided to take industrial action after a dispute over pay.

The strikes are to be held between 00:01 on Thursday 12 November until 23:59 on Friday 13 November, but no replacement buses will be provided for travellers.

An Arriva spokeswoman told the Daily Post: “Should the industrial action go ahead, no Arriva Trains Wales services will operate during the strike period and no replacement road transport will be provided.

“This will result in the cancellation of all Arriva Trains Wales services over these two days.”

Staff and students are strongly advised to divert to the normal bus services in and around Wales, or travel by car.

The strike comes at a bad time, with people travelling home for the weekend or heading to Cardiff to watch the game against the Netherlands.

The rail company added: “We continue to do all we can to avert strike action however we are advising customers to make alternative travel arrangements for these days.”

Information on refunds, other rail operations and ticket arrangements can be found on the Arriva Trains website.

The current salary for a driver with Arriva Trains Wales is £43,869, but the drivers’ union hopes to raise the salaries to £44,966.

Gareth Thomas, HR Director for Arriva Trains Wales, said: “We are obviously disappointed that the drivers’ union has to accept our improved pay offers and that they have opted to take industrial action even though negotiations are ongoing and progress continues to be made.”