We asked some brave souls why they’re still wearing flip-flops and shorts in November

One said sandals ‘feel incredible and are actually very sensual’

Last summer was great: golden beaches, epic sunsets, soaring temperatures and cloudless skies merged together to provide perfect seaside scenes. But some people don’t know how to let the past go.

With this impending winter meant to be the coldest in the last 50 years, some brave Aber students just can’t face stashing their sandals and sunglasses at the back of their wardrobe until next year.

Instead, this elite group continue to sport their finest board shorts and flip-flops well into the colder months.

We sought out some of these crazy souls and asked them why they subject themselves to this perverted form of torture.

Matt, Second year, Physical Geography

Matt in his manly flip-flops

“It’s flip-flops all year round for me – they’re comfortable and no other footwear makes me feel this manly.”

James, Second year, Physical Geography

James rocking the waterproof feet

“Feet are waterproof, so why would I need to put shoes and socks on? Plus you can let your feet be free in lectures by just slipping them off.”

Tom, First year, Countryside Conservation

Did you know flip-flops are very sensual?

“It’s simple really: flip-flops are easy and they’re practical – they feel incredible and are actually very sensual.”

Joe, First year, History

Joe sporting his denim shorts

“Shorts are great, they’re easier to put on but also comfier than jeans. Plus there is less to wash and dry which helps.”

Pete, Second year, Mathematics

Pete finds it way too hot to wear trousers

“It’s roasting out here today, have you not felt the weather? If it’s shorts weather then the shorts come out – end of.”

Joey, Second year, Mathematics and Drama

Suns out guns out for the leg lovers

“Why am I wearing shorts? Well I’m about to go swimming and it’s not that cold. Anyway, everybody loves a bit of leg!”

Luke, Second year, Film and Television

#freedomforfeet

“Short and flip-flops are comfortable and keep my feet fresh from smell. I honestly believe that socks are the straight jackets of feet, why would I suppress them?”

Nathan, Third year, International Politics

Nathan rocking the flip-flops in all weathers

“Is the sun still in the sky? Yes. Therefore in true British stubbornness I refuse to let go of summer. Besides, flip flops give your feet so much freedom. These feet are free range.”

Jack, Third year, Countryside Management

Jack was a bit too shy for the camera

“It’s a simple reason really, if I think it’s going to be nice I’ll wear shorts be it June or January. Not only that but I like to show off my mighty quads.”