Aberystwyth’s favourite sex position is doggy style

We aren’t sheep shaggers after all

The favourite sex position in Wales is doggy style, according to a new survey.

The online pharmacy UK Medix asked 2,157 people to reveal details on their private sex life

The survey asked the adult male and female participants questions on safe sex, their favourite sex positions and whether they thought of themselves as kinky people.

This is as close as people get to sheep

Shockingly, only 47 per cent of the Welsh participants admitted to always have safe sex.

Turns out more than half the Welsh participants — 51 per cent — prefer Doggy Style when it comes to choosing their favourite sex position, same as doggy lovers in Yorkshire and the Humber.

Wales is definitely more adventurous compared to the Eastern regions or Scotland which prefer good old missionary — 27 per cent — or spooning — 39 per cent.

Given these figures it barely surprises that the Welsh are one of the kinkiest regions in the UK, landing second place behind the South Eastern regions.

On a scale from 1-10 the participants voted an overall eight when asked how kinky they consider themselves to be.

A picture straight from your realm of fancy?

Third year Kassandra can’t understand the survey’s findings. She said: “I always have safe sex, and my favourite sex position varies according to my mood. Maybe it is because I’m not Welsh?”

Interpol student Tom thinks: “For some reason the doggy-style stat doesn’t actually surprise me, it seems oddly appropriate for Wales.

“Unprotected sex however seems carzy for students, but I guess the survey covers all of Wales. Maybe people don’t want to go out and buy condoms once the Welsh winter sets in?”