Scott Mills pranked us last night with a David Guetta impersonator

It was too good to be true

aber Radio 1 sott mills

Hundreds of revellers were left disappointed last night after the DJ they saw turned out to be a David Guetta lookalike.

Eager students flocked to the Union’s beach party expecting to see a “special guest DJ”.

Scott Mills, whose radio show will be broadcast from Aber today, was heavily rumoured to fill the mystery headline slot and appeared two hours late at midnight.

But the crowd was left stunned when Scott welcomed international heavyweight David Guetta to the stage.

The DJ played one song before storming off.

WTF

A confused Scott then returned to apologise for the incident and said he couldn’t explain what just happened. He too left the Union without further comment.

Scott looking confused/concerned

Both Scott and his sidekick Chris Stark tweeted about the confusion, saying the special guest for the night was not David Guetta, but actually an impersonator.

This morning, Scott told Nick Grimshaw’s Breakfast Show: “If you were a student in Aberystwyth you know there was something traumatic happening.

“We did actually cause quite a stir at the Students’ Union. We could have possibly annoyed a couple of students, but we’ll bring it back today.

“I think that they will get the joke. We did a bad thing, but it was really funny. More news about that will be on at 1 o’clock.”

But Aber students were not happy, questioning why the Union would host a lookalike after plugging the event so much.

Third Year Interpol student Nathan said: “I don’t believe for one second it wasn’t David Guetta.

“After going on about having a very special guest all night, why would you then come up with the fact that he is an impersonator?

“Even if it was an impersonator, why would he have stormed off? It doesn’t make sense. The impersonator would not have been a big deal anyway, and he wouldn’t have minded the small crowd.”

Second year Andrew Wilmot added:”Fuck Guetta, we got Ben Hayward [the regular Union DJ].

“But seriously, Union, get your act together.

“This should have been a big night for the SU, but instead you’re as useless as always. No wonder everyone just goes to town.”