Scott Mills rumoured to play at SU tonight

He’s doing his radio show in Aber

aber DJ Radio 1 Scott Mills Social union

Scott Mills’ popular radio show will be broadcast from our little seaside town tomorrow.

Scott will be joined by sidekick Chris Stark in Aber for their weekday 1-4pm slot, with the visit part of Radio 1’s week-long student tour. The pair are set to spend 24 hours entertaining crowds with classics such as Innuendo Bingo before moving on to Southampton.

The exact location of the show remains unclear, but the Union is heavily rumoured to host the duo. The SU welcomes a “special guest and DJ” for a beach party tonight, with the unnamed VIP set to join a lucky sport social after the event.

He bloody loves us

Scott told the Radio 1 website he can’t wait to come to Aber: “I am so excited to be taking the show on the road and spending the week with people that absolutely love Radio 1 – the students of the UK.”

Details about Thursday’s show remain uncertain, but Chris, himself a graduate, promised: “This is going to be a LOT of fun.

“I can’t wait to show Scott everything that university life is about.”

Will Scott join your social?

The Thursday broadcast will be streamed on TV via the Red Button and on the Radio 1 website.

If you’re too boring watching lecturers rather than Scott on the day, highlights will be available BBC iPlayer.

The real question is: will Scott end up in Pier?

Most students seem excited by Radio 1’s visit.

Jack, a Theatre, Film and Television Studies third year, said: “It’s pretty cool that someone like that is coming here. You don’t really expect that. If I saw him in Cambrian I’d buy him a Death Star.”

Childhood Studies third year Helen agreed: “I’m really excited about it but I hope the hype is worth it in the end. We don’t get many famous faces in Aber so it’s a change to hear our uni being talked about on the radio.”