Selfless politics third years raise money for Nepal

Their goal is £1,000

In a heroic campaign to fundraise for those affected by the devastating earthquake in Nepal last month, two third years have been working hard to raise £1000 for the Red Cross charity.

Meet Anna Guatam and Katharina Hopp, both third year Politics students.

Together they are President and Vice-President of the International Students Association who work together to bring the international community closer together in Aber.

The earthquake so far has killed a massive 7,885 people with many thousands more left injured and without homes.

Anna’s family are from Nepal but fortunately were left unscathed in the quake.

But looking at photos of her family and realising how lucky they’d been made Anna want to help back home.

The charitable third year has since organised a multitude of events, from canvassing at Rugby 7’s in the rain, selling cakes at various locations around campus and even hosting a Nepalese themed film night.

So far they have raised £782, and with a goal of £1000 they really aren’t far off.

Their plans don’t stop there though, for this final push they will be collecting on the high street on the 17th of May and a delicious Nepalese food night hosted in the leisure centre.

With only two weeks left to the end of the rescue, Anna told The Tab: “The Red Cross are by far the most visible force on the ground, any help we can give them is massively appreciated by those in need.”

If you wish to help their cause then feel free to donate on their page here.