We spoke to the poshos in Penglais because we can’t afford to live there either

But it’s still only half finished

aberystwyth New accommodation penglais farm

Last week Penglais Farm finally opened its doors to all those eagerly waiting to move in – albeit four months late.

It looks impressive on the welcoming map, with a huge visitors centre and state-of-the-art accommodation buildings waiting to be discovered.

Ecstatic Stacy said: “It is better than Rosser, and it worth every penny we pay for it.”

There is an excited buzz throughout for the en-suite rooms, double beds and flat screen TVs, all considered luxuries in Aber.

New residents, Josh and Lily said: “It is very modern. It’s worth the wait and we love the en-suite rooms.”

“The rooms and the showers are massive, you could have a party in the shower,” added Brittany, a happy neighbour.

All these privileges appear to have captured those previously shunned. The general opinion is extremely high, even though your view is of the other unfinished flats.

“It is the best accommodation in the UK, and if you think about it we pay very little for it,” says Katherine, a third year.

About half of the new halls still remains in an eerie limbo, in the process of construction.

Despite the building site neighbourhood, the quality of life for hundreds can certainly forgive the months of delay. Everything about Penglais Farm is bigger and better than the average Aber accommodation.

High security hallways even look secure

The curiosity of us “non-residents” is added to as all the buildings maintain their exclusivity through strictly key-card entry only.

“The rooms are like hotel rooms, we have a full TV in the kitchen, everything is new and it is very secure”, impressed Katherine adds.

Stacy, Katherine, and Brittany, third years enjoying the brand new facilities in Penglais Farm

Every bathroom should have an extendible towel rail

Those residing in Pentre Jane Morgan, just next door, can only look up wistfully at the swanky new flats, just making do with their shared bathrooms and tiny showers (without an extendible towel rail).

Penglais Farm appears to be forgiven for being an entire semester late. Keep on digging for victory.