leo l

‘When I’m with you, you’re the only girl’: Why Leo is the biggest Love Is Blind villain

I’d be flipping the sofa over if he’d told me ‘you were my number two’

A brand new season of Love Is Blind is finally here, and our hopeful singles are partnered up and off to Cabo. However, there always has to be a villain in every season that makes you want to scream through the TV, and this year, that villain is Leo. Although he and Brittany weren’t chosen to go to on the honeymoon, he still left quite an impression on the first five episodes of the show and was a very controversial character. Move over Sam from London, here’s a list of every moment Leo proved himself to be the biggest Love Is Blind villain in the TV show’s history.

His obsession with his money

Okay, so one of the first things we learn about Leo is that he’s an art dealer, and he definitely DOESN’T want us to know how rich he is. He also made it very clear that he wants to find a girl who will love him and not his money, so that’s why he definitely didn’t tell any of the girls he was talking to that he was rich. Wait, remind me what he does again?

When he told Brittany she was his number two

Love is blind leo brittany

via Netflix

I’m sorry but the rage I felt for Brittany after being told she was a second choice was unmatched. Brittany was literally sat on the couch holding back tears and Leo was giving a full on woe is me performance. I completely understand that the whole point of the experiment is to talk to everyone and it’s very easy to get attached to two people, but I just feel like Leo went about telling Brittany all wrong. You also can’t be telling somebody “you’re the only girl” when you’ve made it super clear you have another connection!

He revealed that he hates “feeling like a player,” but immediately followed it by saying Brittany was a “really, really, really, close number two,” and that Brittany and his other connection might “both be number one.” His chat is so confusing he’d give the Hinge dudes a run for his money.

He was so patronising

Condescending behaviour is one of the biggest icks known to man. When Brittany said she had a feeling he had another connection, he said “you’re right, you’re really smart.” Patronising much? He wouldn’t give it up either: “I bet that… because of your voice, and what I feel like your vibe is, people underestimate how smart you are.” He then topped it all off with some phenomenal advice that she should be okay with people thinking she’s “dumb” because it will give her an advantage in life. I’m sorry, what?

Flexing his Rolex at every given moment

Leo love is blind rolex

via Netflix

Seriously, if I could count the amount of times Leo was staring at his own wrist admiring his Rolex or was telling people about it, I’d never stop counting. Of course it’s a huge flex to have a Rolex, and fair play to Leo for that, but it’s called LOVE IS BLIND for a reason. She can’t see your Rolex and quite frankly the show isn’t about that anyway.

He was stringing Brittany along for so long

love is blind

via Netflix

Every time Brittany reached for the tissues I actually wanted to cry for her. Leo was stringing Brittany along for what felt like an eternity, and wouldn’t stop going on about his other “stronger” connection and how it was just “different” to what he and Brittany had.

When she opened up to him about how much it affected her, he just said “you’ve let me know I’m your strongest connection. You’ve put in so much more than I have.” Why are you saying that like it’s a compliment to you?!

The worst of them all – his lashing out at Hannah

Him lashing out at Hannah has to earn him the top title as the worst villain ever. Leo couldn’t decide between Hannah and Brittany, but when Hannah (his first choice) found a stronger connection elsewhere, he actually lost it and gaslit her to try and change her mind. Hannah since labelled the experience as “traumatic,” and said she “blacked out.”

She immediately told the girls what happened, and branded Leo a totally “manipulative a**hole” that wouldn’t let her break up with him. She tried to warn Brittany, but that didn’t get her anywhere. Leo then told a very different tale of events to the guys, saying that Hannah “doesn’t have the strength to do the right thing.”

He did apologise to Hannah… which is the least he could have done in my opinion.

Love Is Blind is available on Netflix now. For all the latest Netflix news, drops, quizzes and memes like The Holy Church of Netflix on Facebook.