Brittany and Leo explain what happened with them and why they got ditched from Love Is Blind

Give me all the gossip about their Miami trip

It’s nothing new that couples get engaged on Love Is Blind and we don’t end up seeing it. Every season there are stories of couples we don’t follow, who actually got engaged in the pods. However during season seven, for the first time ever, Love Is Blind couple Brittany Wisniewski and Leo Braudy got engaged, which we saw, but then their journey was savagely cut short.

Following their engagement on the show, and ahead of all the couples heading to the retreat, a title card appeared on screen which told viewers the Brittany and Leo hadn’t been chosen to continue on their Love Is Blind journey.

“Brittany and Leo were not one of the six couples chosen by producers to continue their journey in Mexico,” the message shown during episode five read. “They took their own trip to Miami and broke off their engagement weeks later.”

So, um what went down? I need to know!

Love Is Blind season seven

via Netflix

Why didn’t Brittany and Leo go to Mexico after getting engaged on Love Is Blind?

Brittany and Leo have spoken out about being ditched from Love Is Blind season seven after getting engaged. Whilst they both admitted their first time meeting was “awkward” they were “crushed” to not get chosen by the producers.

Speaking of finding out the news they wouldn’t be going to Mexico, Leo told People: “Oh, I was crushed. Who doesn’t want to go to Cabo with all these new friends you’ve made and your fiancée, and then also all of the other women that you’re interested in seeing what they look like? I’d seen the show. It looks so fun and amazing and special, so I was totally crushed.”

Brittany was a little more realistic about the moment, and said she was sad she wouldn’t have a holiday with the girls, but admitted: “I knew we were the weakest link. Let’s just be honest, I was the only one that didn’t say ‘I love you’ back to the person I was engaged to, so I was not surprised.”

Brittany and Leo on Love Is Blind season seven

via Netflix

Love Is Blind producer Chris Coelen has also shed some light on the situation, and in an interview with Variety admitted the budget was a big reason the show couldn’t follow Brittany and Leo any further.

“There are different ways that non-scripted shows are produced,” he explained. “Sometimes you have an idea of where things are going while you’re filming. And we don’t. We film everything as it happens, and then after it ends, we piece together how we got there. We have the budget to follow five couples and sometimes we stretch to six couples, and we figure out how to stack our crews.”

He said this season more couples got engaged, so the show made the decision to follow those they believed to be more “authentic”. He added: “When we make that decision as to who to follow, if we have more couples that got engaged, we make a decision as to which couples we think are authentic. And when I say authentic, I mean most authentically likely to actually be at the altar and say I do.

“Who is really genuinely on that path? We felt, at the time, that the six couples we did end up following were the ones that felt more, on a gut level, had a real shot to say ‘I do’ — that they were really invested in saying ‘I do.’ The couple that I think we felt least likely to do that were Leo and Brittany. So, we made a decision not to follow them after the pods ended.”

Savage!

via Netflix

And what the hell happened to Brittany and Leo in Miami?!

What we’re all dying to know is what went down in Miami that caused the couple to break off their relationship. “We had a really wonderful time in Miami, and at the end of it, although we had an amazing time, we just decided that we didn’t see ourselves really proceeding with a full engagement leading to marriage and we’re just better off as friends,” Leo told People. “We had a lot of conversations throughout the trip, and mutually came to the conclusion that we just didn’t see it turning into marriage.”

Britanny added: “Honestly, the first few days, we had so much fun. You have freedom, you’re just out and about, you have your phone, and you’re just talking about all the good times that you just had. And then things start to get real. You feel a little settled in and you just know when you’re in someone’s presence, little quirks that maybe get on your nerves and vice versa. The physical connection just simply wasn’t there, honestly.

“It was a very clean, respectful realisation. Leo, like I said, checked off a lot of the boxes of what I wanted in a man. He’s just not my person.”

Love Is Blind is available on Netflix now. For all the latest Netflix news, drops, quizzes and memes like The Holy Church of Netflix on Facebook.