p diddy ashton kutcher

‘There’s a lot I can’t tell’: Inside Ashton Kutcher and P Diddy’s problematic friendship

As if Ashton Kutcher needed another reason to be cancelled

Ashton Kutcher has had his fair share of cancellable moments, but there’s one more to add to the list: He seems to be close with P Diddy, who is currently being faced with unsettling reports from his “freak off” parties. P Diddy has pleaded not guilty and denied all allegations, and there is no suggestion of wrongdoing on Ashton’s part, but here’s an inside scoop into the pair’s friendship.

Ashton Kutcher and P Diddy met because of Punk’d

via Matt Baron/BEI/Shutterstock

The two have known each other since 2003, while they were both producers on shows at MTV. Kutcher was working on Punk’d, and received a call from Diddy.

Diddy told James Corden on The Late Late Show in 2018 that he told Ashton over the phone: “I heard that you are going to punk me, and I just don’t think that’s a good idea.” The pair then became friends and started running together.

They ran the New York City Marathon together

They ran the New York City Marathon in 2003, and they’ve remained close ever since. Kutcher recalled how chaotic it was having “paparazzi all around us,” and Diddy telling him “you gotta slow down, but make it look like you’re not slowing down because I don’t wanna look like I’m not gonna be able to finish this thing.”

Ashton also remarked that P Diddy “just can’t lose, even when he’s that close to humility, it becomes a driver.”

Ashton of course attended P Diddy’s infamous 2009 white party

Ashton Kutcher was spotted at P Diddy’s well-known white party which took place in 2009. Nobody really knows what happens at P Diddy’s parties apart from the people that attend, and even then, the secrets seem to stay hidden. However, rapper 50 Cent has described the party he attended as having “an uncomfortable energy connected to it.

Ashton stayed silent when asked about P Diddy’s parties

In an interview on the YouTube show Hot Ones in 2019, Ashton Kutcher was asked if he could spill any details about P Diddy’s infamous parties. Instead of revealing any information, he said “I’ve got a lot I can’t tell.” He took a moment to think of something, but then backtracked with “I can’t tell that one either.”

He ended the question by telling the interviewer that reflecting back on the Diddy party stories was “like some weird memory lane,” which seems to line up with what 50 Cent had to say about them too.

https://x.com/netflix/status/1838224331198861695