Wedding of Nathan and Lacey on MAFS UK 2024 called out as staged

This detail about the other MAFS UK 2024 weddings proves Nathan and Lacey’s was staged

I knew it!

The MAFS UK 2024 weddings are kicking off, and already people are questioning if the big day for Nathan and Lacey was actually staged. The pair were one of the first to meet their match on the show, and the day definitely didn’t go without bumps along the way.

The main cause for concern was when bride Lacey Martin’s twin sister and bridesmaid Paige walked down the aisle ahead of her, to which groom Nathan turned and said “wow” – not realising that actually wasn’t his bride. Very, very awkward.

What made it even worse was that in her previous interviews, Lacey had said she grew up thinking her twin Paige is “more attractive” than her, and it has been a big insecurity of hers.

However, people have called out the moment as being “staged” and have argued it was “set up” for Lacey to air her insecurities, and then for Paige to walk down the aisle as though she was the bride. “They’ve properly set this up to play into Lacey’s insecurities,” one person said on Twitter, sharing a picture of Nathan turning around to see Paige walking down the aisle.

Commenting on The Holy Church of MAFS Facebook page, another viewer said: “It was so clearly set up last night, the constant mentions of the ‘prettier’ sister, and then said sister walks down the aisle alone before the bride for some reason. And then he [Nathan] mistakes her for the bride. It’s getting as fake as the Australian [MAFS].”

And it’s true – it does seem as though this moment was set up. I looked back at all the other weddings from MAFS UK 2024 so far, and during them, the bridesmaids have never walked down the aisle.

In Kieran and Kristina’s wedding, Kieran walked down the aisle and Kristina’s bridesmaids were already sat in the congregation. The only people who actually walked down the aisle were the bride and groom.

The bridesmaids at Kieran and Kristina’s wedding were already seated, via Channel 4

The same was the case for Caspar and Emma – when Caspar walked down the aisle everyone was already in the room. The only person to walk in after him was his bride. A clip was shown of Emma arriving in a car to the venue with her bridesmaid, but when the ceremony actually took place, her bridesmaid was already seated way before Emma and Caspar entered.

The other wedding that took place in the same episode as Lacey and Nathan’s was that of Eve and Charlie. You guessed it, the situation was the same here, too. All guests, including bridesmaids, were already in their seats before both Eve and Charlie walked down the aisle.

So, Nathan was set up big time there!

For all the latest MAFS UK 2024 cast member news, scandals, gossip and updates – like The Holy Church of MAFS on Facebook