Bridgerton part two

Shonda Rhimes reveals she sobbed at the ‘beautiful’ ending of Bridgerton part two

‘I don’t always cry’

Shonda Rhimes is not only a screenwriting genius but also the executive producer of Bridgerton and has been since season one, and she’s given us a little glimpse of her reaction to the ending of season three part two. I’ve already cried at part one and I don’t know if the UK’s tissue supply will be able to deal with the impact of season three coming to an end next week.

Despite being involved in some emotionally heavy hitters like Grey’s Anatomy, Shonda revealed she doesn’t usually cry at the endings of her shows which means we’re in for a real ride with part two. We only have just over one week to wait with part two coming out on Thursday 13th June, and I’m already counting down the days.

Via Netflix

Shonda admitted on the Today show: “We’re very secretive about it but I will say it is sexy and surprising in many ways. And also, I cried at the end. I found it very moving — and I don’t always cry. So I really got into it. I think it’s a beautiful story.”

And Shonda isn’t the only person involved in Bridgerton who has spilled some beans about part two, as Luke Newton has heartbreakingly revealed Colin and Penelope’s happiness is “short lived.”

Via Netflix

Speaking to Deadline, Luke addressed the challenges that will face Colin and Penelope in the upcoming part two of Bridgerton. He explained: “He’s aware the friendship’s sort of been ruined between Eloise and Penelope. Something is wrong, but he just can’t quite put his finger on it.

“We continue to explore that and dive into that in part two. It becomes the main focus of the story, and I think that’s something that fans will really like. The gossip of that is one of the most fascinating things about the show and what keeps the pace of it and the drive of the story running. It’s a really exciting chapter to step into. I always think of it as like a ringing in your ear. It’s constantly there, no matter how content they feel. We’ve still got drama to come.”

Bridgerton part two

Via Netflix

In a separate interview with E! Luke explained the two still have a lot “to overcome” in the second instalment of the series. He elaborated: “It’s really easy to think, ‘Oh, they’ve confessed their love for each other and they’re going to live happily ever after. But actually, the way it’s written—it’ll take you every which way.” I’m welling up already, you and me both Shonda!

Part one of Bridgerton season three is available on Netflix now – For all the latest Netflix news, drops, quizzes and memes about part two like The Holy Church of Netflix on Facebook.