Taylor Swift Matty Healy lyrics

All the savage Matty Healy lyrics Taylor Swift sings on The Tortured Poets Department

‘They shake their heads and say God help her when I tell them he’s my man’

Taylor Swift has just released her new album The Tortured Poets Department, and considering it’s her first new release since her fling with the controversial 1975 frontman Matty Healy, fans have dissected the new songs and pulled out the most savage lyrics about him in the new songs. There are now a whopping 31 songs in the mix of this surprise double album, and some of the Taylor Swift lyrics here range from alluding to Matty Healy to straight up dragging him. Here’s a rundown of her most savage swipes!

Guilty as Sin

On this song, Taylor Swift talks about how someone sent her a song called The Downtown Lights by The Blue Nile. This Scottish band is the favourite of Matty Healy, who’s spoke about his love for them many times before, saying they’re his fave band of all time and Love It If We Made It was inspired by The Downtown Lights in particular.

But Daddy I Love Him

Taylor Swift received a lot of backlash for her relationship with Matty Healy, in part due to his comments that have been deemed as racist – including speaking about ‘Ghetto Gaggers’ porn and derogatory things said about Ice Spice who Taylor then later collaborated with on the Karma remix.

On this track, she addresses it, singing “I’d rather burn my whole life down/ Than listen to one more second of all this bitchin’ and moanin’/ I’ll tell you something ’bout my good name/ It’s mine along with all the disgrace/ I don’t cater to all these vipers dressed in empath’s clothing.”

I Can Fix Him (No Really I Can)

The same boards are tread on this later track, with Taylor saying “The jokes that he told across the bar were revolting and far too loud/They shake their heads, saying, ‘God help her’ when I tell ‘em he’s my man/But your good Lord doesn’t need to lift a finger I can fix him, no really I can.”

YIKES.

loml

On this track, it feels like Taylor Swift is using her lyrics to accuse Matty Healy of ghosting.

The Smallest Man Who Ever Lived

“Was any of it true?/ Gazing at me starry-eyed/ In your Jehovah’s Witness suit/ Who the f*** was that guy?/ You tried to buy some pills/ From a friend of friends of mine/ They just ghosted you/ Now you know what it feels like.”

Savage title, savage lyrics: “And I don’t even want you back I just want to know/ If rusting my sparkling summer was the goal/ And I don’t miss what we had but could someone give/ A message to the smallest man who ever lived.”

The Black Dog

Another one of Matty’s favourite bands gets a shoutout here (he’s covered songs by them before). Taylor sings “I just don’t understand how you don’t miss me/ In The Black Dog when someone plays The Starting Line / And you jump up, but she’s too young/ To know this song/ That was intertwined in the magic fabric of our dreaming.”