Kate Middleton theories ranked

Since the fun’s officially over, ranking the Kate Middleton theories by how mental they got

Looks like we’ve all been deranged for the last few weeks

It was fun whilst it lasted, eh? For the last few weeks, it’s felt like nary a day could go by online without a Kate Middleton conspiracy theory popping up, each more outlandish than the last. The Princess of Wales has not, until very recently when she was seen mooching around a Windsor farm shop with the future King. With this confirmed sighting, and validation from a Windsor farm shop shopper that silenced the naysayers who still had qualms with the new video, the chaos of Where Is Kate? seemingly has come to an end. So I decided to have a look back over the Kate Middleton theories we let our silly little brains run wild with over the last few weeks, ranked by how deranged we let it get.

6. Lookalikes

Perhaps not the most deranged, but silly in hindsight. People were saying the various car shots weren’t Kate Middleton after all, but a lookalike. The Kate Middleton lookalike Heidi Agan literally had to prove she wasn’t even at the farm shop, for god’s sake.

She told Business Insider: “I woke up to being part of a worldwide conspiracy theory on TikTok. It’s obviously flattering on one hand because it means I look like her, and people think I do,” she said. “But on the other hand, it’s a little bit crazy.

“I can tell you categorically it was not me at Windsor Farm Shop. I’ve literally had to give people an alibi of where I was.” She explained she was working at the Starlight Dance and Musical Theatre School in Northampton which is over 70 miles from where the video was filmed.

5. Replaced by a clone

It all got a bit S Club: Seeing Double.

4. She was growing out bangs

The doors Georgia Steel has opened after Love Island. First Kelly Clarkson copied her, and then everyone was saying Kate Middleton was up to the same old tricks. It’s a slay haircut, tbf – you can’t blame the girlies.

3. Celebrity Big Brother appearance

With Kate’s estranged uncle Gary Goldsmith heading into the house this year and the launch of CBB happening right in the mix of the Where’s Kate? era, it felt only natural that people would be wondering if the future queen of England might to go and live in a TV studio in West London for a couple of weeks. Obviously, she did not.

2. She was going on The Masked Singer

If the Princess of Wales could belt out a Mariah number dressed in a very elaborate wasp costume, I could potentially be swayed into being a royalist. If that couldn’t get me on side, nothing could.

1. She was off to the Glasgow Willy Wonka experience

When getting Kate Middleton theories ranked, there can only be one at the top. We will all for the rest of our lives remember where we were as we watched the viral Willy’s Chocolate Experience erupt on socials in tandem with the height of Where Is Kate?. It was simply inevitable there’d be crossover, and whilst no one really believed she might have avoided the public to leg it up to Scotland for an iconic flop of an event – the memes will live on forever.

For the latest on the Kate Middleton saga and for news, memes and gossip, like Pop Culture Shrine on Facebook.