Kate Middleton photo

Kate Middleton has just confirmed yesterday’s Royal Family photo was actually edited

‘I do occasionally experiment with editing’

Kate Middleton has just confirmed that the new photo of her family released yesterday was in fact edited.

Speaking in a statement on Twitter, she said: “Like many amateur photographers, I do occasionally experiment with editing. I wanted to express my apologies for any confusion the family photograph we shared yesterday caused.

“I hope everyone celebrating had a very happy Mother’s Day. C.”

This comes after Reuters, Associated Press (AP), Getty Images and Agence France-Presse (AFP) told media outlets to “kill” the photo from their systems and archives after the image was posted on Sunday. AP told Sky News the photo shows an “inconsistency in the alignment of Princess Charlotte’s left hand”.

Since then people have been hunting for all the editing errors and evidence of Photoshop in the photo. Kensington Palace had initially refused to comment after the image was pulled.

The picture was released to celebrate Mother’s Day and shows Kate surrounded by her and Prince William’s three children – Prince George, Princess Charlotte and Prince Louis.

Editing errors in the photo include the edge of Charlotte’s sleeve being cut, mistakes with their hands and Charlotte’s hair cutting off suddenly. This is the full timeline of the mother’s Day picture saga.