where is Kate Middleton theories

Where is Kate Middleton? The unhinged tinfoil hat theories from Twitter have arrived

The official word from the palace today is she’s ‘doing well’, but try telling the internet that

Kate Middleton has not been seen by the public since Christmas Day. The absence of the Princess of Wales from the public eye is, of course, cause for interest. On the 16th of January 2024, Kate Middleton underwent some abdominal surgery (the palace made it clear this wasn’t cancer related) and hasn’t been seen since whilst she recovers. This complete absence of any sort of update or sighting of Kate Middleton is unusual – and whilst she literally quite could be just healing up in private as the palace says she hopes we give her some privacy when it comes to her health, it hasn’t stopped social media going into a frenzy with wild, tinfoil-hat wearing conspiracy theories of what’s actually going on. Here are some of the most laughable and eyebrow raising theories online right now about where Kate Middleton actually is.

The Spanish press coma theory

Spanish journalist Concha Calleja claimed on her show Fiesta a “reputable” palace source informed her that Kate Middleton has been in an induced coma. The palace completely and utterly refutes this, saying it was “ludicrous and not factchecked by Kensington Palace, and then saying to The Times in February “”It’s total nonsense. No attempt was made by that journalist to fact-check anything that she said with anyone in the household. It’s fundamentally, totally made-up, and I’ll use polite English here: it’s absolutely not the case.”

There were no pictures of her in the hospital or leaving, or anyone visiting

No pictures of Kate Middleton entering hospital were taken, or any of her leaving. This could be a privacy matter, but plenty were taken of King Charles when he underwent his operation.

Her family and parents haven’t been seen either

Her parents have not been photographed since December, nor have her children. The palace has shared “throwback” pictures.

She’s going on Celebrity Big Brother

Yeah, okay, we’re joking here – but just imagine that’s what all the secrecy was about. It would be bedlam. Anyway, the show’s back in less than two weeks so if you believe with your full chest that’s what’s going on you won’t have long to wait til you look daft!

Prince William cancels appearance due to ‘personal matter’

Today, Prince William was due to attend a memorial service for King Constantine of Greece, but pulled out only a few hours ago due to a “personal matter”. The palace has provided no more details, but have insisted that Kate Middleton “continues to do well.”