All of Us Strangers sex scenes

Here’s what Paul Mescal and Andrew Scott said about THOSE All of Us Strangers sex scenes

A film has never been so hot and so sad all at once

Have you ever been really turned on and sort of want to cry all at once? If you have, I’m sorry. And if you haven’t, brace yourself for Paul Mescal and Andrew Scott’s new film All of Us Strangers, which is undeniably the simultaneously hottest and saddest film of the year. So. Confusing.

There’s tragedy, death, and a whole lot of oral. So it’s safe to say if you’ve been left reeling by the All of Us Strangers sex scenes, you’re not alone. But, luckily, Paul and Andrew have said loads about the hottest moments of their new film to help us unpack exactly what is so unsettlingly intimate – and what it is they’re licking off each other’s stomachs. Yum!

There was a part of the oral scene which really freaked Paul Mescal out

All Of Us Strangers sex scenes Paul Mescal Andrew Scott

Credit: Searchlight Pictures

When discussing going down on Andrew Scott with Dazed, Paul admitted there was a part of the scene which had scared him when he watched it back – but it wasn’t the sexual act itself but rather the intimacy of the eye contact:

“That’s the bit that scared me,” admitted. “When I saw it for the first time in the audience, I asked Andrew if he remembered me doing that. The most illicit moment is not actually the sex, but my eyes looking up to Andrew when I’m about to go down on him.” Hot.

Andrew and Paul didn’t actually rehearse the All of Us Strangers sex scenes many times before doing them

Paul Mescal Wanted A 'Hot And Exciting' Sex Scene In All Of Us Strangers For You, The Audience

Credit: Searchlight Pictures

In the age of intimacy coordinators, many productions have an intensely choreographed approach to sex scenes. But Andrew Scott told Attitude he and Paul didn’t do too much rehearsal of the All of Us Strangers sex scenes:

“We knew that those scenes, particularly the early ones, had to have a sort of frisson,” he said. “You’re basically just listening to see what the other person is doing physically in the same way you would in a dialogue scene. And you can talk about that as much as you like, but until you’re actually there, it’s not alive in that way, so it’s just about listening, but just listening with your body, basically.”

Andrew’s character in All of Us Strangers goes through a kind of healing process by having sex with Paul’s

All of Us Strangers' Director on Why He Cast a Gay Lead Actor

Credit: Searchlight Productions

While chatting on Variety’s Actors on Actors series, Paul reflected on what the All of Us Strangers sex scenes actually meant in terms of character development:

“I’m probably not equipped to answer that fully in terms of what that actually means; all I can talk about is my experience with filming those [scenes]. And the attempt to make something that felt both, as you said, trying to make something that felt hot and sexy but also that doesn’t work in a narrative context if it’s not motivating the characters,” he said.

“Like you have Andrew Scott’s character, Adam, who is in his mid-40s, who has a difficult relationship with his relationship to sex. Harry serves as a safe landing space for him to re-explore his sexuality. Which I think is really moving and really sexy.”

Cake mix was involved in a vital part of the All of Us Strangers sex scenes

Paul Mescal Andrew Scott All of Us Strangers sex scenes

Credit: Searchlight Pictures

So, obviously, much like with Saltburn’s infamous slurping scene, everybody is dying to know what Paul Mescal is actually licking off of Andrew Scott after he’s gone down on him. And, luckily, Paul was more than willing to share said information in a recent interview:

“So, there’s a scene in All of Us Strangers where I’m licking bodily fluids off his chest,” he explained. “But what it actually was is a cake mixture. It was actually quite tasty.”

First Jacob Elordi’s bathwater now this? I (truly hate to say it) have a strong suspicion we’re entering the year of jizz.